Valve has released a new update for testing via the Steam Deck’s beta channel.
As well as general bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements, this update makes some changes to compatible controllers: The Switch Joy-Con rumble function now works as it should and there’s deeper support for the Razer Wolverine V2 range of controllers.
I’ve been using the Razer Wolverine V2 Pro with my Steam Deck for the past few weeks. Previously, the controller registered as the Xbox version rather than the PS5 equivalent that it is. That meant while it worked, you didn’t have touchpad access, which made it less than ideal when trying to bring up the mouse cursor.
Since the update I’ve given it another go, and the Steam Deck now treats it similar to a Dualsense controller, complete with touchpad support.
There’s still no way to connect the Razer Wolverine V2 Pro without the use of the dongle, meaning you can only use it while the Deck is docked, but this is definitely a step in the right direction.
I’ll have a review coming for the Razer Wolverine V2 Pro sometime next week. I had aimed for this week, but the 28-hour battery life took a little longer to get through than expected (a good problem to have).
Full patch notes follow…
- Fixes for quotes surrounding shortcut exe and paths
- Made it easier to accept a game invite from the Quick Access menu. Selecting the invite will now prompt you to accept the invite, versus bringing you to the chat previously.
- Added ability to retrieve Steam Runtime System Information
- Improved UI responsiveness when reconnecting to Steam
Local Network Transfer
- Fixed resuming a local network transfer of a game with next download in case it was manually stopped previously
- Fixed crash exiting deadzone visualization
- Fixed the physical input visualization only looking at the first connected controller
- Fixed rumble for Nintendo Joy-Con controllers
- Added support for the Razer Wolverine V2 controllers
- Added the ability to reset the device input mapping in new Big Picture
- Added “Turn Off Steam Link” to the power menu