This update may not be as large as the mega update launched earlier this month, but there are a few handy fixes being implemented.
Most notably, the on-screen keyboard now remembers its position. I know, I know. It’s a small fix for sure, but it’s a useful one nonetheless.
You can now also set the initial location of the keyboard while in desktop mode. That’s pretty neat.
Elsewhere the update includes fixes for controllers, desktop mode, and help for users with “tens of thousands” of games in their arsenal.
You can read the full patch notes below or by clicking here to head over to the Steam website.
- Reduced startup time for users with tens of thousands of games in their library
- The Virtual Keyboard in the Overlay now remembers its last position
- Added settings for initial location to show keyboard on desktop and in Steam overlay
- Added fast jump by letter to library
- Fixed Chord Hint Screen remaining shown after holding the guide button to turn off a controller in some scenarios
- Fixed small movement of Virtual Keyboard when pressing shift in some themes
- Fixed some inputs not showing up for the Steam Link App Touchscreen controller
- Fixed several instances of Left Bumper/Trigger glyphs having the wrong background image
- Fixed issue where a Team Fortress 2 Steam Controller startup sound was missing
- Fixed some issues with Nintendo switch gyro drift calibration
- Reverted back to old Game Info dialog that is accessible from the Friends List
- Added alt-enter as a hotkey to exit Big Picture Mode
- Fixed Big Picture Mode window not re-opening from double-clicking or selecting system tray menu options
- Fixed Big Picture Mode window not displaying properly due to web GPU acceleration being disabled
- Fixed issue where exiting Big Picture Mode would log out of Steam Chat
- Fixed crash when opening Steam store
- Fixed Steam library becoming unusable after applying a controller configuration