The latest update to Proton Experimental sees fixes for Mortal Kombat X, Light is Strange Remastered, Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and more.
Patch notes from the Proton Experimental GitHub follow…
- All changes from Proton 7.0-6.
- Now playable: One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4, Atelier Meruru, ToGather: Island, WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate Definitive Edition, Exceed – Gun Bullet Children, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Gungrave G.O.R.E.
- Fix Life is Strange Remastered crashing at the end of chapter 2.
- Fix Alt+Tab not working on Gnome 43.
- Improve force feedback compatibility for BeamNG and Forza Horizon 5.
- Fix regression with Mortal Kombat X performance.
- Fix OpenGL launch option for Youropa.
- Fix video playback speed/stutter in METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.
- Halo Infinite now gets in-game. Many graphical artifacts still known on NVIDIA, minor artifacts expected on Deck and AMD Desktop.
- Fix raytracing in Crysis Remastered.
- Enable nvapi for many games.
- Update file distribution method to save disk space.
- Update dxvk to include the latest development work.
- Update vkd3d-proton to include the latest development work.
As always, if you’re looking to learn more about Proton, or its just-as-useful-cousin Proton GE, be sure to check out the RetroResolve guides section for everything you need to know.