The long-awaited Proton 7.0-5 has moved from the testing branch to stable, and can now be used by Steam Deck users everywhere.
Some of the highlights include the ability to play 14 games that didn’t work correctly prior to this update, as well as a host of fixes for popular games, including Batman: Arkham City, GTA V, Return to Monkey Island, and Tekken 7, to name a few.
If you’re unfamiliar with Proton or the community version Proton GE, my Proton GE guide covers everything from how to change Proton versions to why Proton GE is worth considering.
The update notes in full follow…
Following Games Now Work
- Unravel 2
- Airborne Kingdom
- Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull
- Aspire: Ina’s Tale
- Battle Realms: Zen Edition
- Deathsmiles II
- Primal Carnage: Extinction
- Pico Park Classic Edition
- Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind
- Darkstar One
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor Tomb
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition
Fixes and Improvements
- Fix Batman: Arkham City GOTY launching in the background on Steam Deck when set to fullscreen.
- Fix Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered displaying dialog about outdated drivers on AMD systems.
- Fix Final Fantasy IV (3D Remake) having no audio.
- Fix Return to Monkey Island not reacting to mouse clicks after a recent game update.
- Fix upsidedown videos in VRChat and many other games.
- Fix Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies and Multiplayer hanging on exit.
- Fix Bail or Jail crashing when opening the Terms of Service.
- Improve GTA V situation with not loading textures.
- Fix Red Dead Redemption 2 crashing after a recent game update.
- Fix Final Fantasy XIV Online launcher functionality after game update.
- Fix cutscene stutter in Disgaea 5.
- Fix Thrustmaster HOTAS having a non-functional dial in Elite Dangerous.
- Fix Planet Zoo randomly crashing.
- Fix SCP: Secret Laboratory not being playable after a recent game update (again).
- Fix Tekken 7 crashing at launch.
- Fix Armello hanging on exit.
- Fix Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization freezing after the tutorial.
- Fix Space Engineers’ intro video not playing correctly.
- Fix Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen videos not playing correctly.
- Implement network video support for VRChat.
- Update dxvk to v1.10.3-28-ge3daa699.