The latest version of Proton GE is available to download.
GE-Proton7-45 takes aim at driver support and general performance boosts. Check them out below or on the main Proton GE GitHub.
- Removed deprecated broken dxvk-async patch:
- Upstream DXVK has implemented the GraphicsPipelineLibrary (GPL) back in August, which takes over dxvk-async’s job:
- Driver support for Nvidia was added in version 515.49.10:
- Driver support for AMD/RADV was added in August 2022 and is an ongoing WIP:
- Per the above, it can be exposed/enabled for testing on AMD/RADV via:
- dxvk-async now causes problems with the dxvk-cache, which is not something new users may know how to clear:
- In light of the above, in addition to the current rebase still not working properly, I am removing the dxvk-async patch from Proton-GE.
- RIP dxvk-async 2018-2023
As always, if you need any help setting up Proton GE, be sure to check out our guide to walk you through how to download and install it.